Funding for Individuals
We have a number of funds that offer direct support to children & young people with disabilities, ill health and caring responsibilities; in some cases support is also available for their families.
Nominations can be considered for adults, especially respite for long-term carers. Nominations must come from a professional who knows the individuals situation (doctor/nurse/case worker). Applications directly from individuals will not be considered.
Nominations will be reviewed following the current funding round deadline. Please do bear in mind that it can take up to 3 months to receive a decision.
- Children & Young People affected by disability and/or life threatening conditions.
Nominations will be considered for respite, equipment, short breaks and 'make a wish' holidays for terminally ill children. Nominations for adults are also considered on occasion.
- Young carers seeking support in the Borough of Gravesham and Medway
- The Overstone Fund welcomes nominations for offenders and ex-offenders seeking funding for activities leading to secure sustainable employment/self-employment, e.g. training course fees, travel expenses, tools and equipment, special licences.
Applicants must be nominated by a professional body, and be able to demonstrate commitment, clear outcomes and on-going case management. Grants will usually be considered up to £500 per individual.
- Adult carers seeking a break from their long term caring responsibilities.
Breaks can include: holidays, short breaks, pamper days, and days out.
- We are accepting applications for individual small grants to directly benefit young people who are economically disadvantaged, primarily to fund activities and opportunities that the young person otherwise would not be able to afford and from which they would therefore be excluded.
Nominations must be received by a professional who can also advise on the individual’s financial situation. Grants will be considered up to £500 per individual.
If you wish to nominate an individual please contact the office for a nomination form: email@example.com or 01303 814500